Strawberry & Nutella Stuffed French Toast
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
Fresh strawberries and Nutella are hidden inside this Stuffed French Toast recipe that’s easy enough for the kids to help make!
*This post is brought to you by Rhodes Bake-N-Serv. Thanks for supporting the brands that make Dessert Now Dinner Later possible.
One of our favorite breakfasts is French toast! My kids love it so much that they even beg me to make it for dinner sometimes, and I do! There is just something about that cinnamon-y bread drizzled with syrup that everybody likes!
Today, I’ve taken that basic recipe and kicked it up a notch, by stuffing the bread with Nutella and fresh strawberry slices. Say what?! Yes, I did!
Just imagine the warm melty Nutella dripping out of your French toast with fresh, tart strawberries hidden in the center! Mmm-mmm!
This French toast is simple enough that kids age 8+ should be able to do it all by themselves! Put those kids to work fixing you breakfast for a change! Unfortunately, my kids are barely 6 & 4, so they still need some slight assistance to make this, but they sure love to help!
The best thing about stuffed French toast is that you can switch up the fillings to your taste! Try sliced bananas and peanut butter, or sweetened cream cheese with fruit or chocolate chips! Imagine all the possibilities! Delicious!
Eat your stuffed French toast as is, with a sprinkle of powdered sugar, or drizzle of syrup. You will not regret making this recipe!
- 1 loaf Rhodes White Bread risen, baked, and cut into 1-inch thick slices (about 10 slices)
- fresh strawberries hulled and sliced (tip: use an egg slicer to safely cut even pieces)
- Nutella chocolate hazelnut spread
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- dash salt, optional
- Spread Nutella across one slice of bread. Place a few pieces of sliced strawberries on one half.
- Fold the bread over the strawberries and crimp the edges with a fork to hide the Nutella and strawberries inside. Repeat with the remaining slices of bread.
- Whisk the eggs, milk, vanilla, and cinnamon together on a large plate. You can add a dash of salt to help break up the egg membranes, if needed.
- Dip each stuffed piece of bread in the egg mixture coating both sides. Cook both sides on a medium-hot griddle (or in a large sauté pan), that has been coated in cooking spray, until golden brown and dry to the touch (so you know the egg mixture has cooked thoroughly).
- Serve as is, dusted with powdered sugar, or smothered in syrup. Then dig in! Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g