Dairy-Free Lemon Yogurt Cake
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
**This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.
Try this ultra-moist and delicious lemon cake made dairy-free with Silk Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative.
I know I’ve said this before, but I’m just itching for spring to get here, and what I do to make it feel like spring (even if it’s still winter), is to make baked goods with spring-time flavors like tangy citrus or other fresh fruit. Hence today’s recipe for dairy-free lemon yogurt cake!
You might wonder, how in the world you make a YOGURT cake DAIRY-FREE?! Well, that’s easy! With Silk Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative (DFYA)! It’s incredibly smooth and creamy like real yogurt, but made with soy, which gives it plant-powered protein. It’s also an excellent source of calcium and vitamin D and it’s Non-GMO Project Verified, to name a few extra benefits.
Silk has come out with a new 24oz size in vanilla (9 grams of protein) and a new simply plain flavor (11 grams of protein). I’m frantically checking my stores for the new size and flavor, but so far I just have access to the 5.3oz cups, which is what I used in this recipe. Tell me if you see the new size so I can snatch some up!
The purpose of the dairy-free yogurt in this recipe is to remove a lot of the fat, while keeping the cake moist. With a simple lemon syrup soaked through the top, you get an ultra-moist, lemony cake! And I’m a HUGE fan of lemon!
Silk Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative is also great in parfaits and smoothies, as a snack with toppings, or straight from the cup. I just love that the Silk DFYA cups are made with real fruit, no artificial flavors or colors like other brands on the shelf. It looks natural and tastes great!
If you’re a fan like I am, do not forget to grab a coupon for Silk Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative before you head to the store! I hope you get the chance to try this delicious dairy-free lemon yogurt cake!
Dairy-Free Lemon Yogurt Cake
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 cup (two 5.3oz) containers Vanilla Silk Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tsp lemon zest (about 2 lemons)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup canola/vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/3 cup sugar
- Grease and flour an 8x4-inch loaf pan. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and salt together.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the Silk Dairy-Free Yogurt Alternative, sugar, eggs, lemon zest, and vanilla.
- Slowly whisk in the dry ingredients, then stir in the oil until fully incorporated. Pour the batter into the prepared loaf pan.
- Bake for 50 to 60 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of the loaf.
- Meanwhile, simmer the lemon juice and sugar for the lemon syrup in a small saucepan, stirring until the mixture is no longer cloudy, but clear, and the sugar is dissolved.
- Allow the loaf to cool for 10 minutes, then carefully remove it from the pan and place it on a cooling rack that's been placed inside of a baking sheet.
- Spoon the lemon syrup slowly over the hot loaf, to absorb as much liquid as possible. Allow the loaf to cool completely. Slice and serve. Keep leftovers in an airtight container up to 5 days.
© DESSERT NOW DINNER LATER All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-create the recipe, snap YOUR OWN PHOTO and re-write the recipe in YOUR OWN WORDS, or link back to this post for the recipe.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.