Chicken Noodle Soup
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
*One of my blog BFF’s Aimee is here today! It’s so cold outside that her recipe sounds like it will hit the spot! Enjoy! ~Amber
Hi guys! I am Aimee from Like Mother Like Daughter. I am so excited to once again be here on Amber’s blog Dessert Now, Dinner Later for her Healthy Food, Healthy You month! I visited Amber’s blog once before sharing an easy and delicious no bake cheesecake, but it wasn’t exactly healthy. I’m not always the best at eating healthy meals every day, because I have to say I have a huge sweet tooth, which you’ll find out if you visit my blog.
I’m pregnant with my first child, and especially now I want to make sure what goes into my body is healthy and that I get all the right vitamins and nutrients in my body so that I can keep my baby healthy.
As a pregnant mama to be, sometimes I still want my good ol’ comfort foods. And just because we want our dinner to be healthy, doesn’t mean we have to give up our comfort foods, right? This meal is a good combination of comfort mixed in with health. Soups, especially the brothy and non creamy kind are a great meal option. And this chicken (or turkey) noodle soup is jam packed full of veggies too. I made mine with leftover smoked turkey, but chicken would be fabulous as well!
Chicken Noodle Soup
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 1 cup carrots, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 10-12 cups water
- 3 TBSP low sodium chicken bouillon
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/2 TBSP Italian seasoning
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 cups chicken or turkey shredded and cooked
- 8 oz egg noodles
- 2 TBSP flour
- Put vegetables, water, chicken bouillon, pepper, Italian seasoning and bay leaves in a large pot.
- Heat over medium high and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat slightly and allow to simmer for about 25 minutes. (If your chicken wasn't cooked, you could cook it in the water here)
- Add chicken, and noodles.
- Cook for about 10 minutes (or however long your noodles say to cook for)
- Remove bay leaves.
- Combine flour with 3 TBS water in a small bowl.
- Add flour paste to soup to help thicken broth a little bit. Allow to cook for a couple minutes to thicken.
- Enjoy this soup hot off the stove with a small side of bread or crackers!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 10
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
Here are some of my other favorite soup recipes:
4 Comments on “Chicken Noodle Soup”
Oh yum! I have been craving a good soup with it being so cold lately. I should probably whip some of this up tonight! Pinned!
This looks fabulous!
Amber, Thanks for having me over to be a part of this series. These recipes are all looking so delicious and I can’t wait to try to eat healthier this year!
Yummy! Thanks for sharing this – you can’t beat a good Chicken Noodle Soup!