This lightened up chicken salad uses greek yogurt, a blend of seasonings, fruit, and nuts to give it its delicious flavor. Great with whole wheat bread or a lettuce cup, this skinny chicken salad will satisfy your hunger.
Every time I decide that I’ve eaten too much and need to rein in my horrible eating habits, I whip up a batch of this light chicken salad. It’s deceptively delicious, you won’t believe it’s skinny.
If I’m being completely healthy, I eat it in a lettuce cup/wrap. If I am craving carbs, I go for a whole wheat sandwich thin. Either way you can’t go wrong! Have you heard of Morton’s Nature’s Seasons Seasoning Blend? It has a lot of flavors going on like salt, pepper, onion, garlic, parsley, celery, etc. all wrapped up into one seasoning blend that contains NO MSG. It’s the perfect blend of spices for this chicken salad. Pick it up and try it the next time you are at the store. It goes great in a lot of things.
My favorite part about this chicken salad is the fruit and nuts. The grapes and cashews give it a nice bite/crunch factor, while the dried cranberries, along with the grapes, bring out a sweetness that contrasts well with the savory chicken and nuts. It’s me: savory + sweet.
I wish I could take credit for this recipe, but I can’t. My friend Yvonne introduced me to this recipe during a health challenge last summer. It’s been my favorite chicken salad recipe ever since, so I had to share it with you all!
If you are trying to get back on track to a healthier meal plan, include this light chicken salad. You won’t regret it!
Light Chicken Salad
- 1 (13oz) can cooked chicken, shredded (About 1 3/4 to 2 cups; Rotisserie chicken works great too!)
- 1 cup green grapes, halved
- 1/2 cup cashew halves/pieces
- 1/2 cup dried cranberries
- 1/2 cup plain nonfat Greek yogurt
- 1 tsp Nature's Seasons Seasoning Blend (by Morton; a blend of salt, black pepper, sugar, onion powder, garlic powder, parsley, celery seed and other spices. No MSG.)
- Shred the canned chicken into a large bowl, using a fork.
- Add the grapes, cashews, dried cranberries, Greek yogurt and seasoning blend. Mix until combined.
- Serve on whole wheat bread, or a lettuce cup/wrap.
© DESSERT NOW DINNER LATER All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-create the recipe, snap YOUR OWN PHOTO and re-write the recipe in YOUR OWN WORDS, or link back to this post for the recipe.
Recipe from Yvonne at Tried and Tasty
*This blog post may contain affiliate links. For more information please refer to my disclosure policy.