Cinnamon Roll Dessert Pizza
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
This Cinnamon Roll Dessert Pizza is an amazing copycat version of Papa Murphy’s Cinnamon Wheel, with brown sugar, cinnamon, and oats, topped with a tangy cream cheese icing.
*This post is brought to you by Rhodes Bake-N-Serv. Thanks for supporting the brands that make Dessert Now Dinner Later possible.
This is birthday week for us at our house. We like to call it, “Christmas in June.” If you didn’t know, our kids’ birthdays are crazy close together. My oldest’s 7th birthday is today (June 9th), my youngest’s 1st birthday is tomorrow (June 10th), and my daughter’s 5th birthday is on Sunday (June 12th). Everyone keeps saying I need to have one more June baby and have it arrive on June 11th, but I think we’re busy enough. Haha. (FYI. You might not believe me, but we did NOT plan it that way.)
Since today is my son’s birthday, we have to talk about what he loves. Pizza! He likes to go to Pizza Pie Cafe (an all-you-can-eat pizza, pasta, and salad buffet) and eat pasta, garlic knots, and dessert pizza. So this dessert pizza is for him. It’s inspired by Papa Murphy’s Cinnamon Wheel, because that thing is flipping delicious, and if I had my way, we would only get Papa Murphy’s pizza so I don’t over-eat at the buffet. (Happens EVERY time.)
I think I have nailed this Papa Murphy’s Cinnamon Wheel copycat recipe. It has a thick layer of butter, cinnamon, brown sugar, and oat goodness on a delicious pizza crust, that is just thawed Rhodes bread. Yep! Easy peasy! That’s how I like it!
The best part of this, is that this dessert pizza is so easy, the kids can make it. I don’t know about you, but my kids like to help me in the kitchen, and with this recipe, they can practically make it themselves! (With my supervision of course.)
Recipe added 7/18/16. For a step-by-step photo tutorial, visit the Rhodes Bake-N-Serv Blog.
Cinnamon Roll Dessert Pizza
- 1 loaf Rhodes white bread, thawed and slightly risen
- 6 Tbsp butter, slightly melted
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
Cream Cheese Frosting:
- 4 Tbsp butter, softened
- 2 oz cream cheese
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- Roll out the Rhodes white bread onto a greased pizza pan with a rolling pin.
- Mix together the butter, brown sugar, old fashioned oats, cinnamon and cornstarch in a large bowl.
- Spread the butter mixture with a spatula evenly over the uncooked pizza dough, leaving an edge for the crust. Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 12 to 14 minutes, until the edges of the crust are a deep golden brown.
- Meanwhile, make the frosting. In a medium sized bowl, cream the butter and cream cheese with an electric mixer until smooth. Add the powdered sugar and vanilla. Mix until incorporated.
- Allow the pizza to cool slightly before applying the frosting (so it doesn't melt completely). For a cinnamon roll swirled pattern, fill a zip-top bag with the frosting, cut off the corner, and pipe the frosting on the pizza in circles starting in the center and working your way to the edges. Slice and enjoy! Cover any leftovers and store at room temperature up to 3 days. Leftovers are best when heated slightly in the microwave.
© DESSERT NOW DINNER LATER All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-create the recipe, snap YOUR OWN PHOTO and re-write the recipe in YOUR OWN WORDS, or link back to this post for the recipe.