Garlic Cheese Biscuits
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
I LOVE garlic cheese biscuits. They are one of the most pleasurable things in this world that have nothing to do with chocolate. Crispy crusty outside; soft, tender inside. Cheesy, garlicky, buttery goodenss!!! You really need to make these now!
When I was in a senior in high school I would go to the technical college every other day for Culinary Arts. It was a good opportunity for me to try out what I thought I wanted to do for the rest of my life before going to a more pristine college.
At the technical college, the culinary students were the cooks for the school cafeteria. I was allowed to make what I wanted every now & then to sell out in our bakery case. The first time I made these for the case they were a huge hit. We had customers requesting them almost daily for a while, so even if I hadn’t planned on baking them for that day, I would sometimes be rushing in the back to whip up a fresh batch. They are so fast & easy. SO. DARN. GOOD!
These biscuits remind me of the biscuits at Red Lobster, & since I am not a huge seafood fan, I rarely go there, but I don’t need to because mine are just as good at home.
Garlic Cheese Biscuits
- 1 cup all purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp sugar
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 3/4 cup grated cheddar cheese, or colby jack
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 Tbsp butter, melted
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Combine, flour, sugar, baking powder, salt, garlic powder & cheese in a bowl. Cut in butter with a pastry blender as you would for pie dough.
- Add milk all at once & stir gently until just incorporated. The dough should be very soft & sticky, but still hold together. With a large spoon, drop dough onto a lightly greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400*F for 15-20 minutes or until lightly brown on top.
- Combine ingredients for the butter topping & brush the tops of the freshly baked biscuits. Enjoy!
3 Comments on “Garlic Cheese Biscuits”
Stopping by from the Creative Thursday Link Party! http://kingofsaving.com
These look and sound delicious! I followed you over from Chef-in-Training and would like to invite you to share this, and any other posts, on my link party at http://www.michellestastycreations.blogspot.com. Have a great weekend.
We love biscuits, I can’t wait to try these. Thank you.