Heavenly Chocolate Cake
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
I received MIRACLE WHIP and compensation from Kraft Foods in order to write this post.
This Heavenly Chocolate Cake is fluffy, yet moist, and you won’t believe the special ingredient that makes that possible: the one-of-a-kind bold, tangy flavor of MIRACLE WHIP! You might think that’s weird, but the MIRACLE WHIP Dressing makes the cake extra moist, and I’ll tell you what – there is plenty of chocolate in this cake! No one will even guess your secret to its heavenly nature!
Be proud to entertain your family and friends this season by planning your holiday menu with this cake on it! The sweet and tangy taste of MIRACLE WHIP is a great addition to many of your favorite holiday appetizers, entrees, side dishes, and yes, even dessert! Here are some more bold recipe ideas to consider for your holiday dinners and parties this year:
- Bacon Cheddar Onion Dip
- Creamy Homemade Mac N Cheese with Bacon
- Curry-Roasted Cauliflower
- Curried Chicken Appetizer Bites
- Easy Banana Bread
- Mediterranean Pizza
The possibilities are endless with MIRACLE WHIP Dressing! MIRACLE WHIP and Proud of It!
Let’s get back to this cake! Did I mention it starts with a box mix? Add a little extra cocoa, some MIRACLE WHIP Dressing, eggs, and water. Bake the cake, then spread chocolate cream cheese frosting on top to create the most Heavenly Chocolate Cake your friends will want the recipe for! #proudofit
For more ideas on holiday fare and menus that won’t go unnoticed, visit www.MiracleWhip.com.
Heavenly Chocolate Cake
- 1 pkg 2-layer size chocolate cake mix (not pudding in the mix variety)
- 3/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder, divided
- 3 eggs
- 1 1/3 cups water
- 1 cup MIRACLE WHIP Dressing
- 4 oz (1/2 of 8oz pkg) PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese, softened
- 1 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 1/2 cups sifted powered sugar
- HEAT oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- SPRAY 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray. Coat with flour; set aside. Stir cake mix and ½ cup cocoa in large mixing bowl. Add eggs, water and dressing; beat with mixer until well blended. Pour into prepared pan.
- BAKE 30 to 35 min. or until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean.
- BEAT cream cheese, milk and vanilla with mixer until well blended. Gradually add combined powdered sugar and remaining (1/4 cup) cocoa, beating well after each addition. Spread over cake.
© DESSERT NOW DINNER LATER All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-create the recipe, snap YOUR OWN PHOTO and re-write the recipe in YOUR OWN WORDS, or link back to this post for the recipe.