Honey Almond Coconut Granola
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
My friend Yvonne from Tried and Tasty recently posted a recipe for Honey Almond Granola, and when I saw that I had most of the ingredients on hand, I knew I had to make it, with a little twist of my own of course.
I have been playing around with coconut oil lately and I am really surprised with how much I like it! You can use it to replace butter, shortening or oil in both sweet and savory dishes. It’s solid, like shortening, and melts easily. The flavor is ever so lightly sweet and it works great in buttercream icing too. I used it in my Root Beer Float Cookies about a week and a half ago and it was the best tasting buttercream I have ever had, and I am not too fond of buttercream, so that’s saying something.
This Honey Almond Coconut Granola is baked with coconut oil, honey, vanilla and a couple of spices to give it just the right flavor and sweetness.
Coconut oil is not the only kind of coconut you will find in this granola. I am a sucker for toasted coconut and so I added some coconut flakes to give it a simple added sweetness and texture.
I cannot stop snacking on this granola! I eat it like I would a bag of chips. It’s kind of a bad thing, but in a good way, if that makes sense. My kids are certainly enjoying having fruit and yogurt parfaits with our homemade granola, and I hope you enjoy it too!
Honey Almond Coconut Granola
- 4 1/2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- 1 cup raw sliced almonds
- 1 cup salted sunflower seeds
- 1 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- 1 tsp fine-grain sea salt
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit and line a half-sheet pan with a silicone baking mat or parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine the oats, almonds, sunflower seeds, coconut flakes, salt, cinnamon and ground ginger. Stir thoroughly to combine.
- In a small saucepan, melt together the oil, honey and vanilla. Pour over dry ingredients & mix well. Evenly spread granola onto your prepared pan.
- Bake for 22 minutes, stirring halfway. Stir the granola once more and return it to the oven for an additional 2 to 3 minutes to finish toasting up the top; the granola should be a light golden brown. Let the granola cool completely (it crisps up as it cools) before storing in a zip-top bag or airtight container.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 15
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
6 Comments on “Honey Almond Coconut Granola”
Yum, what a great granola variation. Looks awesome.
Thanks! We liked it a lot!
THis looks delish! THe combination of coconut and almond sounds divine!
Thanks Courtney! It was very delicious!
I LOVE granola! This looks fabulous! Pinned!
We have enjoyed this homemade granola very much!