I am probably one of the worst moms when it comes to the vegetable department. I am really good at cooking dinners, but not so good at making sure we have a vegetable to go with it. This is a great side dish that is minimal fuss & has a hint of sweet that helps the kids eat their veggies. Who doesn’t like sweetened carrots? I loved them!
Honey Glazed Carrots
- 1/2 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb baby carrots (the smaller they are, the quicker they cook)
- 3/4 cup chicken broth
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 Tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add carrots & cook, stirring once, until starting to brown about 2 minutes.
- Add chicken broth, honey, vinegar, salt & pepper. Bring to a boil. Reduce to a simmer, COVER, & cook for 10 minutes.
- Remove lid & cook an additional 7-9 minutes more until carrots are tender, & the liquid is syrupy (almost completely evaporated.)
- Remove skillet from heat, add butter & swirl until melted. Adjust seasonings if needed. Serve hot.
© DESSERT NOW DINNER LATER All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-create the recipe, snap YOUR OWN PHOTO and re-write the recipe in YOUR OWN WORDS, or link back to this post for the recipe.
Recipe lightly altered from Martha Stewart