Peppermint Thumbprint Cookies
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
Today I am excited to take part in the final day of a 30 Days of Christmas Series hosted by Carrie at Crafty Night Owls. There are lots of fun ideas, so click on the image below to go check them out!
A while back I did a post similar to this for Mint Truffle Thumbprint Cookies. I am a green mint fan, but I know there are lots of peppermint fans out there, so I altered it to make these Peppermint Thumbprint Cookies! They might look a little thin, because I had to use parchment paper instead of my silicone baking mat, but I might have pressed them down a little too much as well. Whoops!
In any case, these cookies are delicious! They start with a cake mix & little helpers can unwrap the candy kisses for you! They are the perfect family treat to make for your neighbors! Enjoy!
- 1 box White Cake Mix
- 1 (8oz) tub Cool Whip
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp peppermint extract
- 1 (2.25oz) bottle red sugar crystals
- Hershey's Candy Cane Kisses
- 1/3 cup white chocolate chips, for drizzle
- In a stand mixer, combine cake mix, cool whip, egg & peppermint extract. Scrape bowl & re-mix until no cool whip streaks appear. (Do NOT use a hand mixer, the dough is thick.)
- Scoop balls of cookie dough & dredge (coat) the outside of the cookie dough in a bowl filled with the red sugar crystals. Flatten cookie dough until about ¾? thick on a parchment lined baking sheet. Place an unwrapped candy cane kiss in the center. Repeat with each cookie.
- Bake at 350*F for 10-12 minutes or until the cookies have spread, cracked & look done. (I find they are thicker if they cook the full 12 minutes.) HALFWAY THROUGH BAKING, open the door to the ove & quickly smooth the tip of the kiss the best you can with the back of a spoon. Close the door & continue baking.
- Heat the white chocolate chips in a bowl in the microwave 30 seconds at a time until melted. Place melted chocolate in a plastic bag with the corner cut off. Zig-zag the tops of the cookies. Allow to cool completely before removing from pan & packaging for friends/neighbors. You can place cookies in the fridge to speed the process along. Enjoy!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g