Pineapple Avocado Dressing
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
This Pineapple Avocado Dressing is made with DOLE pineapple juice, fresh herbs, and a ripe avocado, for a creamy dressing great on kale or broccoli slaw!
**This post has been compensated by DOLE as part of the Mom It Forward Blogger Network. All opinions are mine alone. #DolePineappleJuice #AYearofSunshine
As a pregnant lady in 80 degree May weather, I think it’s safe to say that summer is here and so are all of my favorite summer flavors! This Pineapple Avocado Dressing is made with two of my favorite summer flavors: pineapple and avocado! DOLE pineapple juice, fresh herbs, and a ripe avocado combine together to make this creamy dressing that is great on kale or as a dressing for broccoli slaw. We tossed our dressing with broccoli slaw and really liked it!
I love how thick and creamy this dressing is with just the avocado and 1 Tbsp of olive oil. It was sweet from the pineapple juice, fresh thanks to the herbs, and combined with the broccoli slaw, it became a great alternative to regular cole slaw for a summer bbq!
I know I’ve mentioned this many times, but we LOVE to grill! And now that it feels like summer, (even though school is still going through the whole month of May) we are totally out there grilling as much as possible!
And since it’s been perfect grilling weather, we wanted to grill something to go with our broccoli slaw and delicious Pineapple Avocado Dressing. We decided to go for a tropical theme, and made some Island Chicken Skewers that have a sweet and savory pineapple juice glaze. We added fresh DOLE pineapple chunks to the skewers because I, personally, cannot get enough pineapple, especially when it’s fresh.
Now, if those glossy chicken skewers don’t make you hungry, there is something wrong with you! Find DOLE Canned Pineapple Juice in the shelf-stable juice aisle of grocery and super-center stores nationwide. The great thing about DOLE pineapple juice is that it’s 100% juice (not from concentrate), it’s a great source of vitamins C, A, & E, it’s naturally gluten free, it’s stored in BPA free packaging, it’s non GMO, and last but not least, it’s a great pantry staple!
DOLE is celebrating a Year of Sunshine to help you slow down and celebrate the everyday, special occasions, and holidays with a splash of pineapple juice!
- 3/4 cup DOLE Canned Pineapple Juice
- 3 Tbsp chopped fresh basil leaves
- 2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp fresh chives, chopped
- 1 Tbsp chopped fresh tarragon
- 1/4 tsp garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 avocado, chopped
- salt and black pepper, to taste
- Combine pineapple juice, basil, lemon juice, chives, tarragon, garlic, oil, avocado in a blender. Cover; blend until smooth. Season to taste with salt and pepper. Serve with kale or broccoli slaw.
Recipe from DOLE
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g
- 1 cup DOLE Canned Pineapple Juice
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar, packed
- 2 Tbsp fresh lime juice
- 1/3 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 tsp minced garlic
- 1 Tbsp cornstarch
- 1 Tbsp COLD water
- 12 wooden skewers soaked in water
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut into 1-inch chunks
- 1/2 of a fresh pineapple, cut into 1-inch chunks
- Combine pineapple juice, brown sugar, lime juice, soy sauce, garlic, and green onions in small saucepan and bring to boil for 5 minutes. Whisk together the cornstarch and COLD water. Slowly pour into sauce, whisking constantly until it boils and thickens. Divide glaze in half. Set aside.
- Thread chicken and pineapple pieces onto skewers, alternating each piece as you go.
- Heat grill to medium heat and oil it with cooking spray. Grill skewers until the chicken is cooked through, about 5 minutes on each side, basting the skewers with one half of the prepared glaze. Serve with the other half of the glaze as a dipping sauce or to pour over a side of rice.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g