Good morning! I know healthy food is the last thing on your mind right now when tomorrow is Thanksgiving day and you have been waiting a long time for that day to come. You will most likely spend most of Thanksgiving day prepping your feast, and a delicious feast it will be! Enjoy Thanksgiving, but the day after, wake up and fix this Pineapple Orange Banana Green Smoothie to cleanse your belly!
Frozen bananas and pineapple come together with mandarin oranges, spinach, chia seeds, and almond milk to create this fiber and protein rich smoothie!
I don’t know about you, but when I go hog wild on a holiday, I like to bounce back as soon as possible! This smoothie is perfect to take on the go as well, so no excuses when you hop out of bed the day after tomorrow to do your black Friday shopping!
You can totally customize the fruits, but if you add anything red, it will turn the color brown. The smoothie will still taste good, but will not be as visually appealing as this bright, vibrant green!
Recipe added 9/10/15. Also seen on Oh Sweet Basil.
Pineapple Orange Banana Green Smoothie
- 1 handful spinach
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cup frozen pineapple chunks
- 1/4 cup mandarin orange segments (fresh or canned in their juices)
- 1 cup milk (cow, almond, coconut, rice, etc. I used almond.)
- 1/2 Tbsp chia seeds
- *Optional: additional ice for texture
- Combine all ingredients into a blender.
- Blend on high until everything is mixed thoroughly.
- Pour into a cup and enjoy!