Savory Breakfast Bread Pudding
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
Savory Breakfast Bread Pudding has sausage, tomatoes, eggs, and herbs all in a cheesy bread pudding.
*This post is brought to you by Rhodes Bake-N-Serv. Thanks for supporting the brands that make Dessert Now Dinner Later possible.
Okay, before you freak out at the thought of a savory bread pudding, hear me out! I was kind of grossed out as well, but I was SO WRONG to feel that way! I know it doesn’t look like much, but this Savory Breakfast Bread Pudding, is so flipping flavorful with sausage, eggs, tomatoes, herbs, and cheese. It’s even slightly sweet, thanks to a little brown sugar mixed in.
It’s basically a breakfast casserole, with bread, that you don’t even notice is in there really. It just helps things absorb and gel together as a casserole should.
We had this for breakfast two days in a row, because it feeds a lot, but no one was complaining. It was SO good! This bread pudding would be perfect for a Springtime brunch, or you can prep it the night before and bake it in the morning for a hearty breakfast. OR, if you are like us, you can make it for dinner sometime as well. It is savory after all, so it totally counts for dinner food!
You won’t want to miss how simple and amazing this dish is!
- 4 slices Rhodes Bread, cubed (4 cups)
- 3 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 28 ounce can diced tomatoes, drained
- 1 pound Italian sausage, browned and drained
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup minced fresh basil
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 6 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1/2 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Place bread cubes in a large bowl.
- Combine cheddar cheese, tomatoes, sausage, green onions, basil, brown sugar, oregano and garlic powder.
- Add to bread and toss gently until bread is well coated. Pour mixture into a sprayed 9x13-inch baking pan.
- Whisk eggs, whipping cream, salt and pepper and pour over bread mixture. Sprinkle with parmesan cheese.
- Bake at 350°F 55-65 minutes or until knife inserted in center comes out clean.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g