Continuing with my lime addiction, I knew I had to post this Brazilian Lemonade. Don't be fooled by the name, it's made with limes & it is so refreshing, sweet, citrusy, & creamy! When I go to Tucanos (Brazilian Grill) I like to get this b/c it comes with unlimited refills & I definitely drink up my share! This is a must try!
Recipe from Our Best Bites & adored by: Amber (Dessert Now, Dinner Later!)
- 6 cups cold water
- 1 cup sugar
- 4 juicy limes (thin, smooth skins are juiciest)
- 6 Tbsp sweetened condensed milk
- Mix cold water & sugar. Chill until ready to use.
- Wash limes with hand soap to get the wax & pesticides off. Cut off ends & then cut each lime into eighths.
- Place half the limes, & half the water/sugar mixture in a blender. Pulse 5x. Strain into pitcher with a fine mesh strainer. Dump pulp in trash. Repeat with other half of limes & water/sugar mixture. Taste test & add more sugar if it's bitter at all. (If you have a Ninja with the 9 cup pitcher, like I do, you can pulse it all at once.)
- Add condensed milk right before serving. Stir & enjoy. (Don't make ahead of time, it doesn't keep well.)