BBQ Ranch Chicken Salad
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
BBQ Ranch Chicken Salad – Mexican flavors meet good old American barbecue in this green salad served with ranch dressing.
The weather here in Utah has been so out of the ordinary! 50’s and 60’s in February?! I’ll take it! Since it’s so warm outside, we have started grilling even more! Not that we stop in the winter, it just doesn’t happen as often. Anyway, so since the weather has been warm, I took this opportunity to fix up one of my favorite chicken salads that I haven’t shared with you all yet! It’s easy and delicious!
Basically you baste and grill some chicken with BBQ sauce… Then you open up a can of corn and black beans, drain and rinse the beans. Then you slice up a ripe avocado. (My favorite!) Grill up a quesadilla (or sub tortilla chips/strips). Grab some ranch dressing and more bbq sauce and you are in salad heaven!
BBQ Ranch Chicken Salad
- 1 large head green leaf lettuce
- 1 can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 can corn, drained
- 2 avocados, pitted and sliced
- 4 chicken breasts
- BBQ Sauce
- Light Ranch Dressing
- quesadilla (1 tortilla and roughly 1/4 cup cheddar cheese per person OR tortilla chips, crushed OR tortilla strips)
- Wash and cut up the lettuce. Set aside.
- Drain and rinse beans. Drain corn. Cut open avocados, remove pit and slice the avocados in their skin. Scoop slices out with a spoon. (1/2 avocado per person)
- Baste and grill chicken breasts until internal temperature reaches 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Allow chicken to rest 5 minutes. Slice into strips.
- Grill a quesadilla, if desired (1 tortilla and roughly ¼ cup cheese per person).
- Assemble salad per person: 2 cups chopped lettuce, ¼ cup of black beans and corn (each), slices of ½ avocado, 1 chicken breast, sliced. Serve with ranch and BBQ sauce with a quesadilla on the side or crumble tortilla chips/strips on top.
© DESSERT NOW DINNER LATER All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-create the recipe, snap YOUR OWN PHOTO and re-write the recipe in YOUR OWN WORDS, or link back to this post for the recipe.