I try really hard not to turn on my oven in the summertime. Sometimes I will have a plan for a dinner that typically goes into the oven, & I will change it so I can throw it in the crockpot saving myself from the heat & energy the oven takes to make that meal. This recipe is one of those that I decided to do in the crockpot so I wouldn’t have to turn on my oven. It turned out great!
Chicken Cordon Bleu Casserole
- 1 can reduced/low fat cream of chicken soup
- 1 soup can skim milk
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 oz small diced ham cubes
- 1 cup white minute rice
- 5 slices swiss cheese, cut up into little cubes
- 1/4 cup panko bread crumbs/italian bread crumbs or mixture of both
- Salt & Pepper
- 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp thyme
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- In a crockpot, combine cream of chicken soup & milk. Whisk thoroughly.
- Cut up chicken breasts into small cubes. Add chicken, ham dices, rice & half of the cut up swiss cheese to crockpot. Add salt(not too much because of the sodium from the cheese) & pepper, oregano, thyme & garlic powder. Give it a good stir.
- Top with remaining swiss cheese slices.
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs.
- Cook on high for 2-3 hours.
© DESSERT NOW DINNER LATER All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-create the recipe, snap YOUR OWN PHOTO and re-write the recipe in YOUR OWN WORDS, or link back to this post for the recipe.