Happy 4th of July! I am totally camping right now, so it’s a good thing I can schedule these posts ahead of time right? Today I am sharing a quick pasta salad that most people have at least tried, if not made it themselves. It’s perfect for BBQ’s or any other summer gathering. So if you need something quick to bring to your party before the fireworks tonight, this is the salad for you! It’s one of my favorites! The Italian dressing just goes well with pasta, pepperoni, cheese, & olives. Yum!
Classic Italian Pasta Salad
- 1 lb dry salad macaroni
- 1 (6oz) package pepperoni slices (about 90 in the package)
- 1 lb Colby Jack cheese block
- 1 (6oz) can whole medium pitted olives
- 1 (16 fl oz) bottle Kraft Tuscan House Italian Dressing* (or other favorite Italian dressing)
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- Boil salad macaroni according to directions on the package. Drain & rinse in cold water.
- Meanwhile, cut pepperoni into quarters & roughly separate the pieces.
- Cut cheese into thin slices & then squares & roughly separate the pieces (or fatter cubes if desired.)
- Slice olives with an egg slicer or knife.
- Add everything into one bowl & top with dressing & parmesan cheese. Toss to coat. Serve immediately. Keep leftovers refrigerated.
- *If preparing ahead of time, apply extra dressing to freshen the salad right before serving. The longer it sits in the fridge the more it absorbs the dressing.
© DESSERT NOW DINNER LATER All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-create the recipe, snap YOUR OWN PHOTO and re-write the recipe in YOUR OWN WORDS, or link back to this post for the recipe.
Tip of the day: When slicing olives, use an egg slicer. It saves so much time & you can slice 4-5 olives at a time! This trick also works great for STRAWBERRIES!