I’m sure many of you have seen or tried this Strawberry Pretzel Salad before. I have only ever seen it on Pinterest, but I’m not sure what has taken me so long to make it. I love salty-sweet treats and this was a perfect blend of the two!
If you eat this within the first or second day of making it, the pretzel crust stays crispy, which I love! I could eat the crust alone, haha, but I am a crust lover. My kids loved the layers and way the strawberry jell-o jiggled.
This recipe is best for potlucks and parties, and since it serves 24 people, you’ll need help eating it! Adults and kids love this one, enjoy!
Strawberry Pretzel Salad
- 2 cups crushed pretzels (pulse pretzels in food processor, until fine, but still has bits and pieces)
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 (8oz) pkg cream cheese (I used Neufchatel)
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 (8oz) tub cool whip (I used fat free)
- 1 (23oz) container frozen strawberries in sugar/syrup, thawed
- 1 (6oz) strawberry flavored Jell-o (the large box)
- 2 cups boiling water
- Combine crushed pretzels and sugar in a 13x9-inch baking dish. Pour melted butter over the top, stir until everything is wet and then press onto the bottom of the pan. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 10 minutes. Cool completely.
- In a large bowl with a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese with the sugar until the sugar dissolves. Fold in cool whip and spread over cooled crust.
- Combine the thawed strawberries in sugar/syrup, the strawberry Jell-o, and boiling water in a large bowl. Stir 2 minutes, until dissolved. GENTLY pour over cream layer. I find it best to slowly pour just the liquid, and then spoon in the strawberries.
- Refrigerate 4 to 24 hours until set. Cut into 24 squares and serve cold. Keep refrigerated.