Sarah’s Salad from Utah’s Lion House restaurant uses crisp iceberg lettuce, peas, bacon, green onions, and swiss cheese tossed in a simple, sweet dressing.
Back in February I attended a blog conference, and a smaller group of us bloggers went to The Lion House Pantry for dinner together one night. It was catered in one of their banquet rooms, and there was a set menu, but everything we had was super delicious and totally reminds you of a great home cooked meal! The first course we had was this Sarah’s Salad, which is so stinkin’ simple, but so tasty!
The salad is made with iceberg lettuce, but you can add a more nutrient dense green leaf to it. It also has cold, crisp peas, pieces of swiss cheese, chopped bacon, sliced green onions, and a super simple sweet and creamy dressing.
I just love a salad with bacon, cheese, and peas! Now let’s talk about the dressing. The dressing is not meant to overpower the other ingredients, but to compliment them with its simplicity and lightly sweet flavor. Perfection!
This Sarah’s Salad is a great, light salad for a side dish paired with any of your favorite Spring dinners. We’ve already started grilling, and this salad is fabulous next to some grilled chicken and veggie skewers. Mmm-mmm!
Think about making this salad for your next potluck or Spring/Summer gathering! It’s a good one!
The Lion House - Sarah's Salad
- 1 head iceberg lettuce
- 2 cups approximately half of a 16oz bag frozen peas
- 4 strips bacon
- 4 slices (4oz) swiss cheese
- 3 green onions
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1/4 cup Mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Miracle Whip salad dressing
- Chop or tear the iceberg lettuce into bite size pieces, then rinse, drain, and spin the lettuce dry.
- Thaw peas in a strainer/colander under hot water until thawed and bright green, then immediately rinse and drain them with cool water.
- Cook bacon until crisp and drain fat on paper towels. Crumble or chop bacon with a knife.
- Cut swiss cheese slices into cubes or strips.
- Slice green onions.
- Mix the sugar, salt, pepper, Mayonnaise, and Miracle Whip together.
- Toss all the ingredients together when ready to serve.
© DESSERT NOW DINNER LATER All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-create the recipe, snap YOUR OWN PHOTO and re-write the recipe in YOUR OWN WORDS, or link back to this post for the recipe.
Recipe lightly altered from LDS Living