Crockpot Ranch Chicken Tacos + Video
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
Chicken plus 3 ingredients gets you Crockpot Chicken Ranch Tacos in 5 to 6 hours of slow cooking time. Flavorful for salads and burritos as well. It’s dinner made easy!
I love a good crockpot dinner, especially as the weather is heating up outside and summer is on it’s way. This Crockpot Chicken Ranch Tacos recipe is one of those dinners that everyone loves and it couldn’t be simpler to make.
There is a dry ranch dressing mix packet cooked in with the chicken so you get that ranch flavor, in addition to using ranch dressing on top, if desired. But the chicken is pretty flavorful by itself. If your kids love ranch, they will love this dinner!
This chicken also uses my favorite homemade taco seasoning, which if you haven’t gone homemade yet, you need to ASAP! All the flavor, but cheaper and no MSG!
The 3rd ingredient in this recipe, is chicken broth. I prefer to use Shirley J Chicken Bouillon because you only use 1/2 tsp of bouillon to 1 cup of water compared to 1 tsp of other brands. It’s still flavorful and then you don’t have to worry about too much sodium. (It has less sodium in it to begin with as well.)
This chicken would be great for taco salads and chicken burritos as well. It is seriously flavorful and delicious, with little fuss. Turn it on in the morning and come home to dinner tonight!
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Crunchy Taco Shells
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Hidden Valley Lite Original Ranch
- Green Leaf Lettuce, cut into strips
- Place chicken breasts, taco seasoning, ranch mix and chicken broth into a small crockpot.
- Cook on low for 5 to 6 hours. Remove chicken breasts, shred with two forks, then return meat to the crockpot with the juices.
- Scoop up chicken with tongs, letting excess juices drip off and place the chicken into a crunchy taco shell with cheese, lettuce, and ranch dressing, if desired.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g