Slow Cooker Chicken Teriyaki
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
Slow Cooker Chicken Teriyaki cooks while you are away and tastes authentic! A great excuse to have Japanese at home!
We all have those days when you’ve got plans from sun-up to sun-down and you need an easy dinner meal that you can prep before you leave the house in the morning. Well, this is a most delicious one! A lot of foreign recipes I try haven’t tasted as authentic (and EASY) as this one! It’s a great excuse to have Japanese at home, and this way, it’s not fried in batter, so it’s healthier too!
The sauce on this chicken…it’s sweet and sour and full of flavor! And there’s plenty of it to soak your shredded chicken in! Put that saucy chicken on some brown rice, top it with green onions and sesame seeds, and voila! Japanese at home!
The only thing I was missing was some chopsticks! That’s okay though, I work a fork much easier than I do chopsticks. Enjoy my friends!
- 3 large chicken breasts
- 1 tsp minced garlic, about 2 cloves
- 1/2 cup finely chopped onion
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 Tbsp ginger, minced (I love Gourmet Garden Ginger Paste)
- 1/8 tsp ground black pepper
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp COLD water
- Place chicken in the bottom of a slow cooker. Pour the teriyaki ingredients over the top of the chicken. Cook on low for 4-6 hours.
- Remove chicken and shred with a fork. Pour teriyaki sauce into a saucepan and heat on the stovetop until boiling. Whisk the cornstarch and COLD water in a bowl. Slowly pour the cornstarch slurry into the boiling teriyaki sauce, whisking constantly, until thickened. You may not need all of the slurry, or you may need more depending on how much liquid the chicken released into the sauce.
- Pour thickened teriyaki sauce over the shredded chicken. Serve over brown rice with sliced green onions and sesame seeds.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g