The weather is warming up & it is almost crockpot season. I am going to try & hook you up with some good recipes. The only thing that holds me back from these types of recipes is the photography part. Casseroles & crockpot dinners are incredibly hard to make appetizing in pictures. Anyway, I saw this Slow Cooker Pineapple Glazed Chicken from Six Sisters’ Stuff & the shiny glaze had me sold. I tweaked it to make it my own by adding ham making it super scrumptious! This has easy & delicious written all over it! My husband thought the glaze even tasted like a saucy orange chicken. It’s definitely Asian inspired with a Hawaiian twist. Give it a try & tell me what you think!
Crockpot Ham & Pineapple Glazed Chicken
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 18 slices deli-thin sliced black forest ham 3 per chicken breast, about 1[7oz] container
- 1 20oz can pineapple slices, drained, reserve juice
- 2/3 brown sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 tsp dry ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1/3 cup corn starch
- Spray the inside of a crockpot with baking spray. Place chicken breasts on the bottom. Top each chicken breast with 3 deli-thin slices of black forest ham. Layer pineapple rings on top of the ham.
- Whisk reserved pineapple juice with the rest of the ingredients in a bowl & pour over the top of the prepared chicken breasts.
- Cook on low for 5-6 hours or high for 3-4 hours. Serve over a bed of rice.