Chicken plus 3 ingredients gets you Crockpot Chicken Ranch Tacos in 5 to 6 hours of slow cooking time. Flavorful for salads and burritos as well. It’s dinner made easy!
I love a good crockpot dinner, especially as the weather is heating up outside and summer is on it’s way. This Crockpot Chicken Ranch Tacos recipe is one of those dinners that everyone loves and it couldn’t be simpler to make. There is a dry ranch dressing mix packet cooked in with the chicken so you get that ranch flavor, in addition to using ranch dressing on top, if desired. But the chicken is pretty flavorful by itself. If your kids love ranch, they will love this dinner!
This chicken also uses my favorite homemade taco seasoning, which if you haven’t gone homemade yet, you need to ASAP! All the flavor, but cheaper and no MSG!
The 3rd ingredient in this recipe, is chicken broth. I prefer to use Shirley J Chicken Bouillon because you only use 1/2 tsp of bouillon to 1 cup of water compared to 1 tsp of other brands. It’s still flavorful and then you don’t have to worry about too much sodium. (It has less sodium in it to begin with as well.)
This chicken would be great for taco salads and chicken burritos as well. It is seriously flavorful and delicious, with little fuss. Turn it on in the morning and come home to dinner tonight!
Crockpot Chicken Ranch Tacos
- 4 chicken breasts
- 1 packet taco seasoning
- 1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Crunchy Taco Shells
- Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- Hidden Valley Lite Original Ranch
- Green Leaf Lettuce, cut into strips
- Place chicken breasts, taco seasoning, ranch mix and chicken broth into a small crockpot.
- Cook on low for 5 to 6 hours. Remove chicken breasts, shred with two forks, then return meat to the crockpot with the juices.
- Scoop up chicken with tongs, letting excess juices drip off and place the chicken into a crunchy taco shell with cheese, lettuce, and ranch dressing, if desired.
© DESSERT NOW DINNER LATER All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-create the recipe, snap YOUR OWN PHOTO and re-write the recipe in YOUR OWN WORDS, or link back to this post for the recipe.
Recipe lightly altered from Family Fresh Meals