Double Chocolate Chip Pizookies
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
Sometimes, I like to keep cookie dough in the refrigerator & make one of these for a warm dessert ready in 5 or so minutes. It is one of those sweets that really hit the spot when I am having a rough day or just need my chocolate fix in a bad way.
Really, you can use any cookie recipe & any ice cream combination, but I am a chocoholic, so the more the better. Probably could have even had chocolate ice cream on top too!
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup plus 2 Tbsp baking cocoa
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 3/4 cup chocolate chips
- Cream butter with sugars. Add vanilla & egg. Combine well. Scrape bowl.
- Sift dry ingredients together: flour, cocoa, baking soda, salt. Gradually add to wet mixture.
- Add chocolate chips at the end until just incorporated.
- Lightly spray a small cast iron skillet or Skookie pan with cooking spray & pat down a layer of cookie dough. Just enough to cover the bottom. If you over-fill the pan it will spill over the sides.
- Bake at 350*F for 5-7 minutes. You want it cooked just enough so that it is warm & gooey, not hard & crispy. Top with ice cream & chocolate/caramel sauce if desired.
- Store extra cookie dough in a closed container in the fridge up to 1 week.
- *You may also bake these on a cookie sheet for the same amount of time. Sometimes I will make everyone their own small one & put them fresh from the oven in a bowl with ice cream...it's more kid friendly so they don't burn themselves on the hot pan.