Easter Candy Bar Brownies
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
These candy bar brownies are stuffed with Easter candy for a surprise in each bite – just like an Easter egg hunt!
*This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser, MARS® Incorporated. All opinions are mine alone. #SpringMoments #CollectiveBias
One of the things my kids look forward to the most when Easter comes around each year, is the Easter egg hunt. They love to find those plastic eggs and see what’s inside of them.
Well, if you’re like me, the only candy worth hunting for is chocolate, and when you’re filling lots of Easter eggs, you might as well get that chocolate in bulk, which is what I do. I got this MARS® Spring Mix at Sam’s Club which is going to be so great for Easter.
The candy bars in this spring mix are the PERFECT SIZE for placing inside Easter eggs, and apparently it’s a popular item, because I found it on cart down an aisle in Sam’s Club. Be sure to shop early to grab some before they’re gone!
Since my kids LOVE the hunt so much, I thought it would be fun to have an extra “hunt” of sorts, by putting the candy bars inside of brownies, so when they take a bite, they are hunting for the candy. It’s also a guessing game to see if they can identify what it is, because the candy bars get disguised a bit after being baked. Which makes it even more fun!
These brownies are simple to make, and if you bake regularly, you probably already have the ingredients on hand. All you need is granulated sugar, cocoa powder, all-purpose flour, salt, baking powder, butter, eggs, vanilla, and of course MARS® candy bars.
Sift the dry ingredients into a large bowl. In another large bowl whisk together the eggs and vanilla. Stir in the dry ingredients and mix together.
Pour in melted butter and mix until just incorporated. Grease a square baking dish and spread half of the brownie batter onto the bottom of the pan. Unwrap candy bars and press firmly into the batter in the pan. Top with the second half of the brownie batter and press M&M’s® halfway into the batter.
Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 25-30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when pressed in the center of the pan.
Allow brownies to cool and then cut into squares. I like to cut off the edges too so each brownie is like it’s from the center, but that’s just my personal preference. We still eat the edges though, just separately. Haha.
What mini moments are you having this spring? Anything fun? Tell me in the comments below!
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 2 large eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 cup butter melted, then cooled
- 15 MARS® Mixed Mini Candy Bars (13 mini candy bars and 2 mini packages M&M'S®)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a square (9x9-inch) baking dish.
- Sift the dry ingredients into a large bowl. In another large bowl whisk together the eggs and vanilla. Stir in the dry ingredients and mix together. Pour in melted butter and mix until just incorporated.
- Spread half of the brownie batter onto the bottom of the prepared baking dish. Unwrap candy bars and press firmly into the batter in the pan. Top with the second half of the brownie batter and press M&M’s® halfway into the batter. (Avoid areas that already have candy bars.)
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 25 to 30 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean when pressed in the center of the pan. Allow brownies to cool and then cut into squares.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g