Eclair Icebox Cake
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
If you have not heard of this cake, you are crazy, & you need to make it NOW! I actually was one of those “crazy” people like a year ago who had never heard of this & tried it for the first time at a friend’s house. The husband made it & I was laughing at him because I didn’t think he was capable of fixing a dessert for us. That was until I took a bite & realized how good it is & how ridiculously simple it is to prepare that even a “husband” can do it.
Not only is this a dessert that the most challenged cook, or even young child can prepare, it’s a great summer dessert because it is a no-bake treat. I am not sure if it will melt at all in the sun though, but everyone will probably eat it rather quickly anyway. Oh and you can even use a tub of prepared chocolate frosting if you want to make it even that much easier.
One last bit of news: I am off for vacation starting tomorrow so I have some great guest bloggers lined up for you all. My family & I are headed to California to play at Disneyland…I know, you all can be jealous now, but come see what my friends have to share!
- 2 small (3.4oz) boxes of instant french vanilla pudding
- 3 cups cold milk
- 1 (8oz) tub cool whip
- 1 box (3 sleeves graham crackers)
- 6 Tbsp butter, room temperature
- 4 Tbsp milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 6 Tbsp unsweetened cocoa
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- In a large bowl whisk the pudding with the milk. Allow to set up for a couple minutes in the fridge. Then fold in the cool whip.
- In a 13x9" pan layer graham crackers to cover the bottom of the pan. Then spread half the pudding mixture on top of the graham crackers.
- Place a second layer of graham crackers on top of the pudding as tight fitting as you can. Then spread the second half of the pudding on top.
- Place one last layer of graham crackers fitted on top of the pudding.
- In a separate bowl beat the butter, milk & vanilla with a hand mixer. Add cocoa & powdered sugar. Mix on LOW until incorporated (you don't want the dry ingredients to fly out of the bowl at you.) Spread over the top of the graham crackers.
- REFRIGERATE for at least 8 hours to overnight. Cut & serve cold.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 16
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g