This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
Lately I have been obsessed with fruity drinks I can make since the weather is teasingly close to summer temperatures.
So you may or may not be seeing a lot of cold, refreshing, thirst quenching drinks coming up in future posts. This one is super easy! I have never had it before, but is very pretty to look at & just as enjoyable to drink. Cheers!
- 1/2 cup pineapple juice
- 1/2 cup cream of coconut (Coco Lopez or whatever brand you can get; in the alcoholic mixers aisle.)
- 2 cups ice
- 2 Tbsp water
- 3 Tbsp sugar
- 1/2 lb of strawberries
- Blend the pineapple juice, cream of coconut, & ice in a blender until smooth. Set aside.
- Heat water in microwave until boiling (20-30 seconds.) Add sugar & stir until dissolved to create a simple syrup. Add the simple syrup to strawberries & puree in a separate blender (I use my Magic Bullet for this, or you can use a food processor.) *You may blend one or two ice cubes with the strawberries if you wish.
- In a clear cup, pour some strawberry mixture in the bottom of the glass. Then add some pina colada mixture; the strawberry mixture should come up the sides of the cup around the pina colada mixture. Swirl lightly with a spoon. Repeat a second time (layer of stawberries/layer of pina colada.)
- Garnish with a strawberry or pineapple & serve immediately.
11 Comments on “Lava Flows”
Discovered these when we were stationed in Hawaii (we always had them with rum :)), they’re awesome!
They’re delicious non-alcoholic too 😉
This sounds delicious. Found it on Food Holiday Link Party. Pinning it so that I can give it a try.
Hey Amber! We featured your Lava Flows recipe in our post today! Thanks for sharing!
We loved these!! Just made some Friday AND Saturday night to share with guests. Thanks!
Awesome! I am so glad you liked them! 🙂
Yum! These are the drinks we have when we go on a cruise. I can’t wait to make them myself.
Thanks so much for linking up to Creative Thursday this week.
I can’t wait to see what you link up next week. Have a wonderful weekend.
This looks so refreshing! And yummy! Thanks for sharing at Terrific Tuesdays.
These look really good, what a great drink! I would love if you would share this or any other posts at Showcase Your Talent Thursday http://whatscookinglove.blogspot.com/2012/04/showcase-your-talent-thursday-4.html. I hope to see you there!
YUM! I have been meaning to try these myself! Now I am more than inspired. I can’t wait!
First, I love the name of your blog, you’re my kind of girl! Second, this drink sounds wonderful, I’ll be trying it soon, very soon!