This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
This is my final recipe for my ode to limes, at least for now. I started making this pie in a bakery I worked in & it is so ridiculously easy & delicious.
I like my lime to stand out in recipes, so I adjusted the recipe to make it more robust. With whipped cream on top, this pie is heavenly!!!
Graham Cracker Crust:
- 1 sleeve graham crackers (9 grahams + 1 or 2 more, if crust is too wet)
- 6 Tbsp melted butter
- 2 (14oz) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp lime zest (from 1-2 limes)
- 3/4 cup lime juice (3-4 juicy limes)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a food processor, crush graham crackers until they resemble fine crumbs. Melt butter & add to crumbs. If the crumbs are really fine and wet with butter, crush 1 or 2 more graham crackers and add just enough to the crust mixture to make it come together. Press evenly in the bottom of a pie dish. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a medium bowl, just before crust is done, combine all filling ingredients with a whisk until well blended & thick. Pour into hot crust & bake an additional 10-12 minutes until filling is solid when jiggled in the pan.
- Let cool completely. Keep refrigerated. Serve with whipped topping.
- *This recipe can be used for lime pie bars as well. Just press the crust into a square baking dish & half the recipe for filling; follow the rest of the steps as usual.
10 Comments on “Lime Pie”
Love this pies, it’s my favorite because it’s part of a beloved weekly family tradition– Sunday cake and ice cream and a movie.
Shouldn’t you use sweetened condensed milk instead of regular condensed milk?
I’ve never heard of regular condensed milk. I’ve heard of evaporated milk, but yes, I mean sweetened condensed milk. I’ll fix it so there isn’t any more confusion. Made this again on Saturday. Mmm-mmm! I hope you like it!
I’m going to make it for a ladies brunch. Thanks for the fast reply. Your recipes look great!
You’re welcome! I hope you enjoy the pie!
Pingback: Lime Pie (only 5 ingredients) | Baked by an Introvert
Pingback: 100 Favorite Desserts from Your Favorite Bloggers - Wine & Glue
I love lime and if it’s a lime pie… well I can not resist 🙂
This looks delicious! I have a linky party going on @ my blog & would love to have you join in if you have the chance! Thanks!
Sure thanks Karyn. I love link parties! Always find good stuff! 🙂