This is my final recipe for my ode to limes, at least for now. I started making this pie in a bakery I worked in & it is so ridiculously easy & delicious. I like my lime to stand out in recipes, so I adjusted the recipe to make it more robust. With whipped cream on top, this pie is heavenly!!!
Graham Cracker Crust:
- 1 sleeve graham crackers (9 grahams + 1 or 2 more, if crust is too wet)
- 6 Tbsp melted butter
- 2 (14oz) cans sweetened condensed milk
- 2 egg yolks
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 Tbsp lime zest (from 1-2 limes)
- 3/4 cup lime juice (3-4 juicy limes)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. In a food processor, crush graham crackers until they resemble fine crumbs. Melt butter & add to crumbs. If the crumbs are really fine and wet with butter, crush 1 or 2 more graham crackers and add just enough to the crust mixture to make it come together. Press evenly in the bottom of a pie dish. Bake for 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- In a medium bowl, just before crust is done, combine all filling ingredients with a whisk until well blended & thick. Pour into hot crust & bake an additional 10-12 minutes until filling is solid when jiggled in the pan.
- Let cool completely. Keep refrigerated. Serve with whipped topping.
- *This recipe can be used for lime pie bars as well. Just press the crust into a square baking dish & half the recipe for filling; follow the rest of the steps as usual.
© DESSERT NOW DINNER LATER All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-create the recipe, snap YOUR OWN PHOTO and re-write the recipe in YOUR OWN WORDS, or link back to this post for the recipe.