Pesto Chicken & Summer Squash Skewers
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
If your garden is anything like mine, it is bursting with zucchini & yellow squash! I am constantly trying to come up with new ways to use up those fresh vegetables.
This meal is incredibly simple, especially if you use store bought pesto. Easy peasy & full of flavor! What more could you want? Try this dish with my favorite Garlic Parmesan Orzo & you will not be sorry!
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 1 zucchini
- 1 yellow squash
- 1/2 cup pesto
- Salt & Pepper
- Cut the chicken, zucchini, & yellow squash into ½-inch to 1-inch cubes/pieces. Put into a large bowl. (I did the chicken smaller & the zucchini/squash bigger because the chicken takes longer to cook than the veggies & you don't want to over-cook the zucchini/squash.)
- Season with salt & pepper & add the pesto. Toss to coat all the chicken & vegetables in the pesto sauce.
- Skewer chicken & vegetables onto pre-soaked bamboo/wooden skewers leaving a tiny gap between each piece for more even cooking.
- Grill on medium heat for 4-5 minutes each side; turning once. Cook until chicken is no longer pink.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g