This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
*This post is brought to you by Rhodes Bake-N-Serv. Thanks for supporting the brands that make Dessert Now Dinner Later possible.
It’s that time again, when I get to make something fun & delicious using Rhodes® Rolls! Since this month is about being healthy, I made some delicious Pita Pockets that could not be any easier. All you have to do is roll out a Rhodes® roll & bake it.
These are seriously the coolest! They are fun to watch puff up in the oven & they open right up to fill with your favorite sandwich toppings. I used these pita pockets for my favorite turkey sandwiches. My kids like to keep them flat & add sauce & cheese on top for a quick pizza in the oven or microwave. You can also cut them up into triangles, bake them until they are toasty & use them for pita chips to dip in hummus. So many variations! They should even work with Rhodes®’s Mulit-Grain, Cracked Wheat, or 100% Whole Wheat Texas Rolls if you are trying to be super healthy. Have you made pita pockets? You should!
- 8 + Rhodes Rolls (dinner, Texas, multi-grain, whatever kind you like)
- Flour, for dusting
- Thaw & slightly rise as many rolls as you want pita pockets.
- Make sure that you thaw them far enough apart that they don't stick to each other.
- Preheat oven to 500˚F & lower your rack as far down as it will go. Place a baking sheet in the oven on the lowest rack as it preheats.
- Roll each roll into about a 5" circle.
- Cover the pita circles with plastic wrap. Allow rolled circles to rest for 10 minutes. Once the oven & baking sheet are piping hot (heated for about 15 minutes) pull the rack out & quickly lay prepared circles flat onto the tray.
- Shut the oven door. And wait until the dough puffs up, about 2-5 min.
- With tongs, GENTLY flip the pockets over & cook another 1-2 minutes or until browned on the bottom.
- Remove pita pockets from the oven with tongs onto a plate or into a basket & immediately cover them with a towel to trap the steam & keep the pockets soft & useable.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g