Pumpkin Swirl Brownies
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
So you know when you are baking pumpkin recipes & you end up having 1/2 cup of leftover pumpkin just sitting in your fridge & you don’t know what to do with it?
Well, now you know that you can make these Pumpkin Swirl Brownies! I don’t think I really realized how well pumpkin & chocolate go together until I made these brownies! They are phenomenal! The chocolate is sweet & the pumpkin cream cheese swirl adds a smooth, moist, spiced flavor that compliments the fudgy brownies well.
Even if you have to crack open a can of pumpkin to make these bad boys, just do it! You won’t regret it!
- 1 (18 to 19oz) box brownies (usually labeled as family size or for a 13x9" pan)
- Ingredients for the brownies- Mine called for 1/4 cup water, 2/3 cup vegetable oil, & 2 eggs.
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 1/2 cup pumpkin
- 4 Tbsp sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
- In a large bowl, add ingredients to the brownie mix according to the directions on the box. Whisk & set aside.
- In a separate bowl, with a hand mixer, beat cream cheese with pumpkin, sugar, egg & pumpkin pie spice.
- In a greased square 8x8" or 9x9" baking dish, spread three-fourths of the brownie batter across the bottom. Then drizzle & pour all of the pumpkin batter over the bottom layer of brownies. Lastly, dollop the remaining brownie batter over the cream cheese mixture. Using a butter knife, swirl the brownie & pumpkin batters together to create a marbled look.
- Bake at 350*F for 50 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean in the center. Allow to cool before cutting & serving. Store covered in the refrigerator.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 9
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g