I am trying to get on board with some slow cooker recipes since it is getting ridiculously hot nowadays. I am just not super “crock pot savvy.” I tend to overcook things in the crock pot, & not everything is good or a pleasant texture when converted to a slow cooker. Meats are usually my safe bet, & this pulled pork was super easy & tender. The root beer & sauce helps make up for any dryness in the meat & this was enough to feed my small family for days! We used the meat for sandwiches & quesadillas. Yummy!
Root Beer Pulled Pork Sandwiches
- 3 lbs boneless pork roast
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 1 (12oz) can root beer
- 1 (18oz) bottle BBQ sauce
- 8+ hamburger buns (12-16 is a good number)
- Spray the inside of a crock pot with pan spray. Season pork roast with salt & pepper & place inside the crock pot.
- Pour can of root beer over the roast. Cook on low for 6-8 hours, or until shreddable.
- Shred meat. Save 1 cup of the root beer liquid from the crock pot, & discard the rest. Return the meat & 1 cup root beer liquid to the crock pot. Add bottle of BBQ sauce. Mix thoroughly. Heat mixture for another 30 minutes. Keep warm. Serve on a hamburger bun.
© DESSERT NOW DINNER LATER All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-create the recipe, snap YOUR OWN PHOTO and re-write the recipe in YOUR OWN WORDS, or link back to this post for the recipe.
Recipe lightly altered from Six Sisters’ Stuff