Italian Caprese Burger with Garlic Basil Aioli
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
This burger was inspired from a burger my husband & I would order at one of our favorite restaurants while we were in college. The fresh mozzarella was our absolute favorite & I love anything with flavored mayo (aioli.) We have since moved from that college town & every now & then we get a hankering for this burger.
My version turned out great! Not a perfect replica, but a really good tasting one. We grill often in the summertime, but our burgers are usually seasoned the same, so this will be a nice rotation. Plus, I absolutely love the aioli. I could probably drink it, or eat it with a spoon. There is something about fresh basil that makes my mouth water. It was yummy! Add this to your “to grill” list for this summer.
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 3/4 Tbsp Italian seasoning
- 3/4 Tbsp Montreal Steak Seasoning
- 2 tsp basil (I prefer to use Gourmet Garden Paste)
- 1 tsp garlic
Garlic Basil Aioli
- 1/2 cup light mayonnaise
- 2 Tbsp basil (I prefer to use Gourmet Garden Paste)
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp garlic
- 8 oz Fresh Mozzarella Cheese, sliced
- 1 Roma Tomato, sliced
- 4 Hamburger Buns
- Mix ground beef with Italian seasoning, Montreal steak seasoning, basil & garlic. Divide into fourths & shape burger patties (I totally use a burger press.)
- In a bowl, whisk mayonnaise, basil, lemon juice, & garlic. Let marry in the fridge while you cook the burgers.
- Heat grill & cook burgers 3-4 minutes each side until done. Top with mozzarella cheese the last minute on the grill & let it melt just a little bit.
- Serve burgers on a bun with a couple slices of tomato & a squirt/dollop of aioli.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 4
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g