Summer Vegetable Parmesan Bake
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
I have been looking for a recipe to this dish I tried a while back at a gathering & wasn’t having much success. It was a wonderful summer vegetable dish! It had sliced squash, zucchini, tomatoes, & potatoes layered in this casserole, topped with parmesan cheese, & that might have been all it was, but I felt it might have had something in it. I had kind of given up on finding the exact recipe, but then something wonderful happened. I was recently eating at one of my favorite restaurants, called Tucanos, for my birthday & they serve similar grilled vegetables with parmesan cheese as part of their churrasco (meat dinner service.) The server told us it was flavored with Italian dressing & parmesan cheese. I was like, “Perfect!” So I went home & made this vegetable bake that turned out quite nicely. The colors are vibrant & it’s delicious to eat!
- Olive Oil
- 1/2 medium white onion, small diced
- 1 tsp garlic
- 1 medium yellow squash
- 1 medium zucchini squash
- 1 medium red potato
- 2 roma tomatoes
- 4 Tbsp Light Italian Dressing
- 1 cup parmesan cheese
- Salt & Pepper
- Preheat oven to 400*F. In a saute pan, heat a small amount of oil over medium heat. Add onion & garlic & cook for 5 minutes or until softened.
- Grease a 9x9 square baking dish & spread the softened onions across the bottom.
- Thinly slice the yellow squash, zucchini squash, red potato, & roma tomatoes by hand or using a mandoline. Layer alternately in the pan on top of the onions.
- Salt & pepper the tops of the vegetables & then drizzle the Italian dressing evenly over the vegetables.
- Cover with foil & bake for 30 minutes. Remove from oven, take off the foil & sprinkle the parmesan cheese over the top. Bake uncovered for an additional 15-20 minutes or until the cheese browns.