Chicken Enchilada Lasagna
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
I got this recipe from The Pampered Chef’s Spring/Summer 2009 Season’s Best Recipe Collection. I guess it has been that long since I have had a Pampered Chef Party, maybe I should have one again soon?
Anyway, we’ve made this several times & really like it. I love that it’s cool from the cream cheese, yet has a little kick from the enchilada sauce. It’s pretty quick to put together & it’s very filling.
You can use flour or corn tortillas too, we’ve had it both ways & it’s great either way, so if you are not a corn tortilla kind of person (like I am, most of the time) then you can still make this with the flour tortillas.
Also, if you use 3 cups of chicken your layers will be more noticeable than my pictures suggest. Our kids don’t like a lot of meat, so we used probably just over 1 cup. Enjoy!
Chicken Enchilada Lasagna
- 1/4 cup lightly packed fresh cilantro leaves
- 12 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups (8oz) shredded Monterey Jack cheese, divided (or any mexican blend)
- 1 medium onion (about 2/3 cup chopped)
- 1 tsp oil
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/4 tsp cumin
- 1 (28oz) can enchilada sauce (I like La Victoria)
- 12 (6-inch) corn or flour tortillas
- 3 cups diced or shredded cooked chicken
- Sour Cream
- Chop cilantro. Place cream cheese in a bowl & microwave for 30-45 seconds or until very soft. Add cilantro & 1½ cups of the Monterey Jack cheese.
- Chop onion, & saute with 1 tsp of oil. Season onions with salt, pepper, & cumin. Saute for 5 minutes or until translucent. Add to cream cheese mixture & stir with a spoon/spatula.
- To assemble lasagna: spread ⅔ cup enchilada sauce over the bottom of a 7x11" rectangular baking dish. Put the rest of the enchilada sauce into a bowl. Using tongs, or your fingers, dip tortillas into sauce & arrange over the bottom of the dish, overlapping as necessary.
- Scoop ⅓ of the cream cheese over tortillas & spread evenly using a spatula. Top with 1 cup of chicken. Repeat layers two times. Top with remaining chicken. Pour remaining enchilada sauce over lasagna & sprinkle with remaining ½ cup of cheese.
- Bake at 350*F for 30 minutes or until bubbling. Cut into squares & serve with sour cream, if desired.
4 Comments on “Chicken Enchilada Lasagna”
These look delicious! Our kids don’t like a lot of meat, either so I will take your advice and use the lesser amount. I’m a new follower:)
Thanks for stopping by!
I made these enchiladas tonight and they were an instant hit with my family. I love cooking with cream cheese and cilantro so when you put up a recipe using both I knew I had to try it. I am not a huge enchilada fan but I loved this recipe. Mmmmm so yummy
Mmm, enchiladas in lasagna form! Must try this soon!