Chocolate Cherry Cream Braid
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
*This post is brought to you by Rhodes Bake-N-Serv. Thanks for supporting the brands that make Dessert Now Dinner Later possible.
Christmas is less thank a week away & you might be scrambling to decide what to make for breakfast that day. If you bake in the kitchen all day Christmas Eve, you probably want something easy to whip up. Well, Rhodes can make your life easier with this Chocolate Cherry Cream Braid. Thaw some rolls, whip up a quick sweetened cream cheese, open a can of cherry pie filling, & if you’ve got chocolate chips, you are all set!
You are going to love the elegance & simplicity of this breakfast braid and your family will love waking up to this tasty treat Christmas morning!
- 12 Rhodes® Dinner Rolls, thawed & slightly risen
- 4 oz cream cheese
- 2 1/2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 can of cherry pie filling
- 1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- Beat 4oz cream cheese with 2½ tablespoons sugar & 1 tsp vanilla until smooth.
- Press the rolls together & roll them into a large rectangle with a rolling pin. (using a silicone baking mat. Spread the cream cheese mixture in the center ⅓ of the rectangle. Top the cream cheese with the cherry pie filling, & then top the cherries with the chocolate chips.
- Using a pizza cutter, cut 1" tabs on both sides of the filling, as close as you can get to the filling without making a mess of your pizza cutter. Then grab a tab from one side, pull it out to the side to stretch it, then lift it up & over the filling all the way across. You want your tabs to go as far as they can across the center so they don't come un-tucked. Repeat with the rest of the tabs, alternating sides in a criss-cross motion to create a braid. Pinch & tuck the ends the best you can so the filling won't squeeze out.
- Let rest 10-20 minutes.
- Bake at 350˚F for 30-40 minutes or until the dough between the braids is done. Cover with foil the last 15 minutes.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 8
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g