When I worked in this restaurant that also catered, we made this Frog Eye Salad all the time. Especially for catered parties. It was super easy & delicious! I had forgotten how much I actually liked this salad until we had a salad social the other night with a bunch of ladies from church, & one of the ladies brought this to share. So, I made it again myself the way we used to make it in the restaurant. It makes a LOT so it’s great for parties & get-togethers! Enjoy!
Frog Eye Salad
- 1 1/4 cup Acini Di Pepe (small round pasta)
- 2 (11oz) cans mandarin oranges
- 1 (20oz) can pineapple tidbits
- 1 4-serving box vanilla instant pudding
- 1 1/2 cup milk (or combination of milk & pineapple juice from the tidbits)
- 2 cups whipped cream/cool whip
- 3 cups marshmallows
- 1/2 cup sweetened coconut flakes
- Cook acini di pepe according to package directions. Drain & rinse with cold water.
- Drain cans of fruit, saving the pineapple juice. In a large bowl, combine pudding with milk or a combination of milk & reserved pineapple juice (for a sweeter salad) to equal 1½ cups liquid. Whisk until combined. Place in the freezer or fridge to firm up pudding; about 5-10 minutes.
- Once pudding is firm, fold in whipped cream/cool whip. Add cooked pasta, fruit, marshmallows & coconut. Fold gently. Refrigerate for 30 minutes (optional, but advised.) Serve cold.
© DESSERT NOW DINNER LATER All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-create the recipe, snap YOUR OWN PHOTO and re-write the recipe in YOUR OWN WORDS, or link back to this post for the recipe.