Hot Dog Mummies
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
Hot Dog Mummies are a fun Halloween food your kids can help make!
*This post is brought to you by Rhodes Bake-N-Serv. Thanks for supporting the brands that make Dessert Now Dinner Later possible.
Are your kids as excited for Halloween as mine are? They are so glad it’s finally October! We’ve been watching Hocus Pocus since July, it seems! Haha!
I’m not a huge fan of Halloween, as far as the scary stuff goes, but I like the cutesy Halloween stuff, so this post reflects a cute Halloween meal you can make your family before you head out the door to trick-or-treat!
These hot dog mummies are fun to make and eat! The kids can totally help roll the dough into ropes and wrap their hot dogs up! It’s fun for them to dip an arm or leg in the ketchup and laugh about eating “someone” as well. Haha.
You are not going to believe how easy these are to make!
All you need are bun length hot hogs and Rhodes white dinner rolls. Grab a knife and some scissors to assist you in creating the mummies.
First you are going to cut the arms and legs of the hot dogs. I have a little measuring tool so you can see approximately how far to cut. Leave about 1 1/2-inches for the head.
Cut a small piece of dough off of one roll to use as head wrap. Cut the rest of the roll in half.
Roll the head wrap into a rope about 6-7 inches in length. Roll the other two pieces into 2 ropes about 18-20 inches long.
Using one of the long ropes. Wrap the body on one side starting at the feet, around the waist, then the arm.
Using the other long rope to wrap the other side of the body, starting at the feet, around the waist, around the shoulders, then the arm.
Use the short rope to wrap the head. Repeat with all hot dogs and dinner rolls.
Bake at 350˚F for 15 minutes or until golden brown. Add two drops of mustard for little eyes. Enjoy!
- Rhodes Dinner Rolls, thawed but still cold
- bun length hot dogs
- mustard for eyes
- Cut arms and legs on hot dog. Be sure to leave about 1½ inches for head.
- Cut small piece of dough off of one roll to use as head wrap. Cut the rest of the roll in half. Roll the head wrap into a rope about 6-7 inches in length.
- Roll the other two pieces into 2 ropes about 18-20 inches long.
- Starting at the foot and using one long rope, wrap the dough around one leg about 4 or 5 times, 2 times around the body and up and over a shoulder and 3 or 4 times down one arm.
- Repeat on the other side of the hot dog body.
- Use the small dough rope and wrap around the top of the head about 3 times.
- Place mummy on a sprayed baking sheet and bake at 375°F 10-15 minutes or until dough is golden brown.
- Let cool slightly and use two dots of mustard for eyes.
*Recipe altered from Our Ordinary Life
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g