YOU GUYS! Listen to me when I say, you NEED these cupcakes! Like your fall will not be complete until you make these! No joke! These Pumpkin Cupcakes with Nutella Frosting are life changing! I’m not even a huge cake fan…well, I ate 3…the first day. And then at least 2 more after that. ADDICTING!!!
What is there not to love about pumpkin or Nutella? Pumpkin is pretty much everyone’s favorite fall flavor, and if you haven’t had Nutella, you better run to the store and buy some NOW! It’s an incredibly addictive chocolate hazelnut spread, so add that to a frosting and it’s lip-smackin’ good!
These pumpkin cupcakes are super moist, and the Nutella frosting is just ridiculous – like eat it with a spoon ridiculous, it’s so good! Pumpkin and chocolate go really well together too! You should try my pumpkin swirl brownies! DELICIOUS!
Recipe added 9/10/15. Also seen on Oh Sweet Basil.
Pumpkin Cupcakes with Nutella Frosting
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 Tbsp pumpkin pie spice
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 eggs
- 2/3 cup water
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
- 2 cups powdered sugar
- pinch salt
- 1 1/2 tsp vanilla
- 3/4 cup Nutella
- Combine flour, salt, baking soda, baking powder, and pumpkin pie spice in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the oil, sugar, pumpkin, eggs, and water.
- Add dry ingredients to wet ingredients and mix until just moist.
- Prepare muffin tins with paper cups and fill each cup ⅔ full of batter; about 20 cupcakes.
- Bake at 400 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 to 18 minutes or until the cake springs back when touched. Allow to cool completely on a wire rack.
- Prepare frosting by beating the butter in a large bowl with an electric mixer. Beat in the powdered sugar, salt, and vanilla until smooth. Add the Nutella and beat until light and fluffy. Fill a pastry bag with a large tip full of frosting and swirl on top of cupcakes. Store in an airtight container.