Root Beer Float Poke Cake
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
I hope all you moms have a super wonderful Mother’s day today! We all know how hard moms work, and you totally deserve this wonderful day to be celebrated and hopefully get the day off from your motherly duties!
As for today’s post, I am so excited to share another root beer flavored dessert: Root Beer Float Poke Cake! I absolutely loved my Root Beer Float Cookies so much, and I had leftover root beer concentrate, so I knew I wanted to try it in another delicious dessert. This was so good! I think you can see how light and fluffy the texture of this cake is from the pictures, but there’s a secret to it too….
This cake is soaked in sweetened condensed milk so it’s also moist, yet light. The cool whip on top adds just enough vanilla flavor combined with the sweetened condensed milk to give it a taste similar to that of a root beer float. This root beer float cake is perfect for upcoming summer BBQ’s and other get-togethers. It’s incredibly simple and satisfying. You are going to love this cake!
- 1 box white or vanilla cake mix
- ingredients for cake mix (mine called for 3 eggs, 1 cup water, and 1/4 cup oil)
- 4 tsp root beer concentrate
- 1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 (8oz) tub cool whip
- In a large bowl, whisk the cake mix, eggs, water, oil, and root beer concentrate for 2 minutes. Pour the cake batter into a greased 13x9-inch pan and spread the batter evenly.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 23 to 28 minutes or until a toothpick comes out clean from the center of the cake.
- Allow cake to cool completely.
- Using the bottom of a wooden spoon, poke holes evenly through the cake, about 1 to 2 inches apart. Pour the can of sweetened condensed milk over the cake and into the holes. Refrigerate several hours to overnight.
- Frost with cool whip. Cut and serve.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g