Sour Cream Banana-Berry Bread
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
Sour cream makes everything better. I really believe that! It makes things moist & creamy, so I tend to add it to a lot of things. Today’s recipe is a super moist banana bread, with blueberries, because they pair well together. If you are making banana bread & want more than just the typical banana bread or cake, then try this bread. My son scarfed it down, & I may or may not have had more than my fair share. Plus the flavors are so light & fruity that it’s a great to lighten your mood for Spring.
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 ripe bananas
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup skim milk
- 1/4 cup light sour cream
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 1/4 cup frozen blueberries
- 1/2 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- In a stand mixer, cream butter with sugar. Add whole bananas. Mix until mashed. Add eggs, milk, sour cream & vanilla; blend well. Scrape bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder, baking soda, & salt. Slowly add to wet mixture until just incorporated.
- Thaw frozen blueberries in the microwave for about 45 seconds until just soft, not cooked. Toss with ½ Tbsp of flour. Fold into batter.
- Spray two medium loaf pans (7.5" x 3.5") or one large loaf pan (9" x 5") with cooking spray. Divide batter evenly amongst pans.
- Bake at 350*F for 45-50 minutes for medium loaves or about 60-70 minutes for a large loaf. Allow to cool in the pan for 10 minutes before turning out onto a cooling rack. Slice bread once it has cooled.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 2 loaves
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g