One of our favorite pies is this Blueberry Cream Pie with Streusel Topping, so when I saw this Apple Cheesecake Pie from Inside BruCrew Life, I knew I had to try it, but with my homemade apple filling and perfect pie crust.
We brought this to a family party and my mom and dad were ooh-ing and ahh-ing over it. With the creamy cheesecake and tender cinnamon spiced apples, it’s incredibly satisfying!
I just love a cinnamon sugar lattice top too! It’s so pretty! Unfortunately I was in a hurry when I made this, so I didn’t get step-by-step photos for a tutorial, but I can almost guarantee I will be doing one closer to Thanksgiving because I am sure there will be more pies to be made!
I just love apple pie any way you can make it, so if you are an apple pie lover too, give this version a try! I’m sure you’ll like it!
Apple Cheesecake Pie
- 1 recipe Perfect Pie Crust
- 1 (8oz) package cream cheese (I used Neufchatel)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 6 large apples, peeled, cored and thinly sliced
- 1/2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 6 Tbsp sugar
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 3 Tbsp cornstarch
- Prepare the Perfect Pie Crust, divide the dough in half, roll out one half of the dough into a circle, and place it inside a pie dish. Cut off excess crust on the edges. Keep the other half of the pie crust covered so it doesn't dry out.
- In a small bowl with a hand mixer, beat the cream cheese and sugar until creamy. Beat in the egg until smooth. Spread onto the bottom of the prepared pie crust.
- In a large bowl, combine apples, lemon juice, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cornstarch. Toss to coat and then GENTLY spoon the apples and their juices onto the cheesecake layer.
- Lightly wet the edges of the pie crust in the dish with a little water on your fingertips. Roll out the other half of the pie crust dough, cut it into ten 1-inch strips, and weave a lattice top over the pie with five strips criss-crossing and weaving over and under the other five strips. Cut off excess dough and crimp edges. Sprinkle the top generously with cinnamon-sugar.
- Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 60 minutes or until crust is baked and the apple pie filling is bubbling in the center. Allow to cool completely before serving. Keep refrigerated.
© DESSERT NOW DINNER LATER All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-create the recipe, snap YOUR OWN PHOTO and re-write the recipe in YOUR OWN WORDS, or link back to this post for the recipe.