These S’mores Cookies are made with a graham cracker cookie dough, miniature chocolate chips, and marshmallows bits for a great alternative to campfire s’mores that is equally as tasty.
These s’mores cookies are like my new favorite cookie recipe! Crushed graham crackers help make up the cookie dough and mini chocolate chips and marshmallow bits are identifiable in every bite. Plus, these cookies are topped with milk chocolate candy bar pieces, extra marshmallow bits, and graham cracker chunks for decoration. There’s no denying these cookies are inspired by s’mores!
Think about your favorite chocolate chip cookies. This is like those, but elevated! I’m not even a huge fan of s’mores. I don’t like the stickiness of them, so these s’mores cookies are perfect for me. All the flavors of s’mores, but more manageable to eat.
Oh hey! Did I forget to mention that today is National S’mores Day? I did?! So sorry about that! Yes, we are celebrating in cookie style today. Of course you can always go ahead and roast some marshmallows over the stovetop (or a fire-pit if you’re lucky enough to have one of those) and make real s’mores, but that wouldn’t be as delicious as these cookies. Just sayin’!
I had to pack up these smore’s cookies on plates and hand them out to my neighbors ASAP because I couldn’t be trusted around them. They are THAT good! Don’t just make boring chocolate chip cookies, make s’mores cookies instead! I hope you love them like we do! *No campfire required!*
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup granulated (white) sugar
- 1 1/4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 9 graham crackers finely crushed in a food processor (1 sleeve/package of graham crackers; about 1 rounded cup full)
- 1 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 (12 oz) bag semi-sweet miniature chocolate chips
- 1 cup miniature Jet Puffed Mallow Bits
- 1 Hershey's Milk Chocolate Bar, cut into small pieces
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Cream the butter and sugars until light and fluffy in the bowl of a stand mixer with the paddle attachment. Scrape the bowl with a spatula. Add eggs one at a time, mixing thoroughly after each one. Add the vanilla. Mix, and then scrape the bowl.
- Combine the flour, graham cracker crumbs, baking soda, and salt in another bowl. Whisk to combine. Slowly add the flour mixture while the machine is running. Mix until just combined. With a spatula, fold in the mini chocolate chips, and marshmallow bits.
- Use a cookie scoop to drop cookies onto a parchment (or silicone mat) lined baking sheet. Press extra graham cracker pieces, marshmallow bits, and cut up Hershey bar pieces into the top of each dough ball, if desired.
- Bake for 10 minutes. They should be lightly golden on the outside, but slightly gooey towards the center. Allow to rest on baking sheet for a few minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely. Store in an airtight container up to 5 days.
© DESSERT NOW DINNER LATER All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-create the recipe, snap YOUR OWN PHOTO and re-write the recipe in YOUR OWN WORDS, or link back to this post for the recipe.
Want “S’more” Recipes??? Try these by clicking on the images below!
No Bake S’mores Cheesecake // The Recipe Rebel
Hershey Kiss S’mores Cookies // Like Mother Like Daughter
S’mores French Macarons // Tried and Tasty
S’more Cereal Treats // One Sweet Appetite
S’mores Muddy Buddies // Cupcake Diaries
S’mores Monkey Bread // Lemon Tree Dwelling
Nutella Stuffed S’mores Skillet Cookie // Life Made Sweeter
S’mores Cinnamon Twists // A Kitchen Addiction
No-Bake Caramel S’mores Cups // A Dash Of Sanity
S’mores Cupcakes // Garnish & Glaze