Apple Cider Donuts
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
Only 3 ingredients and you can have delicious, fall inspired, Apple Cider Donuts!
*This post is brought to you by Rhodes Bake-N-Serv. Thanks for supporting the brands that make Dessert Now Dinner Later possible.
One of my favorite things about fall is sipping on hot chocolate or apple cider and warming up in a blanket. Apple cider is one of those delicious fall drinks that gives you tangy apples, with a hint of sweet. I love it! Apple cider was the inspiration for today’s post: Apple Cider Donuts!
You know me and my cheater donut recipes…. This time I went with Rhodes rolls, instead of biscuit dough, for a more traditional yeast donut, but still with the ease of a pre-made dough. The only other thing you need besides frozen rolls, is Apple Cider mix and oil for frying! Seriously so easy!
One of my favorite donuts is cinnamon-sugar, and these Apple Cider Donuts replicate that cinnamon-sugar texture on the outside, but they’re tangy and sweet. Almost like eating a sour patch kid, in donut form! I think you will be pleasantly surprised with these donuts! Make them for your Halloween parties or as an after school snack!
- 12 Rhodes White Dinner Rolls
- 5 packets Apple Cider Mix
- Oil, for frying
- Thaw rolls on a greased baking sheet, covered with lightly greased plastic wrap,until almost double in size.
- Remove the plastic wrap and poke a hole with your thumb in the middle of one roll and stretch it out, being careful not to deflate the roll completely. Repeat with remaining rolls.
- Fill a pot with oil about 1½ to 2 inches high from the bottom. Heat it up until nice and hot, and drop donuts 2 at a time into the oil, turning once, and cooking until golden brown on both sides.
- Dab donuts on a paper towel to remove extra grease, then quickly coat them with the cider mix in a bowl with a spoon, while still warm. Enjoy immediately.
- NOTE: **You must eat these within a couple of hours because they don’t store well — the cider mix goes wet after time, so only make what you are ready to eat, but they are so delicious! Tangy, sweet, and soft!
Nutrition Information:Yield: 12
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g