I don’t usually have brown bananas to make banana bread, but this bunch of bananas I bought browned so fast, I ended up freezing them & then pulled them out of the freezer to make this banana bread. I just love the addition of the cinnamon swirl in the middle & the top of this bread. And banana bread is always better the next day after you make it. Like really! That is especially true with this banana bread recipe because it gives that cinnamon sugar mixture a chance to soften & become all gooey. Yum!
Cinnamon Swirl Banana Bread
- 4 over-ripe bananas
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups flour
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 Tbsp cinnamon
- Pre-heat oven to 350*F. Butter & flour a loaf pan or line bottom with parchment paper & spray sides with cooking spray.
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, mix bananas until they are mushy. Add sugar, butter, egg & vanilla until combined.
- Sprinkle baking soda & salt on top of banana mixture & then gently mix in flour until just combined. Do not over-mix!
- In a small bowl, mix together the ⅓ cup sugar & 1 Tbsp cinnamon.
- Add half the batter into the prepared loaf pan. Sprinkle ⅔ of the cinnamon-sugar mixture over the batter. Add the other half of the banana batter & top with the remaining cinnamon-sugar.
- Bake for 50-60 minutes. Check doneness with a toothpick. Allow to cool completely before slicing. Keep leftovers in a plastic bag to preserve moistness.