Coconut & Pecan Crusted Brownies
This post may contain affiliate links, meaning that I may receive a commission at no cost to you if you use a link provided. All opinions shared are my own. You can review my full disclosure policy here.
The weather has been overcast & cool a lot lately so I have been turning on my oven more frequently than usual, which has been fun! This dessert is incredibly decadent & comforting for Fall. Moist fudge brownies with a crusty coconut & pecan topping. It’s almost like eating pecan pie as you tap into the crispy, nutty exterior with your fork just to break down into the soft fudge brownie layer. This is so hard to stop eating! It’s rich, so make sure you have your glass of milk handy!
- 1 (13x9) Family Size box Fudge Brownies (I used Duncan Hines)
- 2 eggs
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/2 cup oil
Coconut Pecan Crust:
- 1 (14oz) can sweetened condensed milk (or homemade)
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 cup sweetened shredded coconut
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips or chunks
- In a large bowl, combine dry brownie mix with 2 eggs, ¼ cup water & ½ cup oil. Whisk until few lumps appear. Pour into a greased 13x9" pan. Bake at 350*F for 9 minutes (will not be done, the edges should just start to look set.)
- Meanwhile, in a separate bowl, prepare the crust by mixing together the sweetened condensed milk, vanilla, 1 egg, chopped pecans, & shredded coconut. Stir to combine.
- Once brownies have baked the first 9 minutes remove them from the oven & spoon the coconut mixture over the top, distributing as evenly as possible over the top of the brownies. It does sink into the raw brownies just a little bit, so don't pour the whole bowl on top or you won't be able to spread it. Sprinkle with chocolate chips/chunks.
- Return the brownies to the oven & bake an additional 25-30 minutes until the edges are brown & a toothpick comes out pretty clean from the center; mine took about 27 minutes. Allow to cool before cutting & serving.
Nutrition Information:Yield: 18
Amount Per Serving: Unsaturated Fat: 0g