This braid is so easy to throw together! It reminds me of a hot pocket & tastes great. I usually make my own dough, but I needed a quick dinner the other day & so I substituted crescent rolls, which is nice b/c it gives it a crunchy, flaky crust. I will have to show you how to make a braid with your own dough in another post. This is a mommy saver when you have no energy for something fancy!
Ham & Broccoli Braid
- 1 pkg reduced fat crescent rolls
- 1/2 (14oz) pkg frozen broccoli florets, thawed
- 1/2 (16oz) pkg diced ham
- 4 oz neufchatel cream cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded colby jack cheese (you can always add more if you want it cheesier)
- 1 1/2 Tbsp dehydrated onion
- Grated Parmesan Cheese
- Italian Bread Crumbs
- Preheat oven to 375*F. Spray a baking sheet & lay crescent rolls with fat end of the triangle in the center, four on the right, four on the left, each crescent slightly overlapping, & press together. (See picture if it's confusing.)
- In a stand mixer with the paddle attachment, break up broccoli (you can chop it up smaller on a cutting board, but the mixer is capable of doing this if your broccoli is thawed-NOT FROZEN.) Add ham, cream cheese, shredded cheese, dehydrated onion, & salt & pepper to taste.
- Place filling in center of dough & pull ends of crescents up & over the filling, tucking underneath the braid so it is sealed shut.
- Sprinkle top of braid with parmesan cheese & bread crumbs. Bake for 20 minutes or until GOLDEN brown. You want to make sure that the dough that is overlapped is still baked completely (not doughy) & that your filling is hot. Remove from oven, let cool 5 minutes, cut & serve.
© DESSERT NOW DINNER LATER All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-create the recipe, snap YOUR OWN PHOTO and re-write the recipe in YOUR OWN WORDS, or link back to this post for the recipe.