First things first. MAKE THESE! I’m not even kidding! I had seen these Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas all over Pinterest. All my friends who’ve made these, raved about them. I even have Baked Honey Lime Chicken Taquitos on my blog that we’ve made again and again because we love them, so I don’t know what took me so long to get around to these Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas, but I’m so glad I finally did!
Apparently, this is the meal to take neighbors and friends who need dinner or just had a baby. I hear it also freezes well. I haven’t tried freezing it yet, but I don’t see why it wouldn’t work out great! My family gobbled this dinner up! Even my two picky eaters ate these without any words of complaints! Now that’s saying something!
If you want another easy and delicious dinner to add to the monthly rotation, give my version of these Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas a try! You won’t regret it!
Honey Lime Chicken Enchiladas
- 2 (10oz) cans cooked chicken breast, shredded (or 3 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded; or 3 cups shredded rotisserie chicken)
- 1/3 cup honey
- 3 Tbsp lime juice
- 1 Tbsp chili powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 8 flour tortillas
- 2 cups Mexican Blend shredded cheese
- 1 (10oz) can green enchilada sauce
- 1 cup half & half
- sliced green onions, optional
- Combine the chicken, honey, lime juice, chili powder, garlic powder, cumin, and salt in a bowl. Allow chicken to absorb most of the liquid.
- Combine the green enchilada sauce and the half & half. Grease a 13x9-inch baking dish with pan spray. Pour just enough of the sauce to cover the bottom of the dish.
- Divide the chicken amongst the eight tortillas and sprinkle some cheese on top of the chicken, saving at least 1 cup for the top of the enchiladas.
- Roll up each tortilla and place them inside the prepared baking dish. Pour the remaining sauce over the enchiladas and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Cover with foil and bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 45 minutes, removing the foil for the last 15 minutes to melt the cheese. The sauce should be bubbling on the edges and hot in the center. Sprinkle with sliced green onions, if desired.
© DESSERT NOW DINNER LATER All images & content are copyright protected. Please do not use my images without prior permission. If you want to republish this recipe, please re-create the recipe, snap YOUR OWN PHOTO and re-write the recipe in YOUR OWN WORDS, or link back to this post for the recipe.
Recipe altered from Tastes Better From Scratch