I don't usually have alfredo pasta dishes that often nowadays, but if you must know, Blackened Chicken Alfredo is my favorite. Anyway, I kind of "quit" so that I could get a little healthier (or save on calories & fat from dinner so I can eat them in my dessert--haha! Hey! I am not perfect!) I still eat pasta, just whole wheat & usually with marinara, but this recipe just sounded delicious so I made it & guess what? I loved it! Even my picky kids ate it, well everything but the broccoli (at least I tried!) And it's fairly simple to make if you have leftover rotisserie or grilled chicken. Enjoy!
Chicken & Broccoli Alfredo Shells
Recipe adapted from Mom-Makes by: Amber (Dessert Now, Dinner Later!)
- 2 1/2 cups (about 8oz) whole wheat medium shells
- 2 1/2 cups fresh broccoli, cut into small florets (just the head, no stem)
- 2 cups cooked, diced or shredded chicken
- 1 (16oz) jar Alfredo Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups shredded cheese (medium cheddar or mozzarella)
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1/4 tsp Pepper
- 1/2 tsp Garlic Powder
- Cook shells according to directions on package. Mine took about 10-11 minutes. Drain. Return shells to the pan, add alfredo sauce, salt, pepper, & garlic powder. Stir & set aside.
- Place broccoli florets & a little water in a container with a lid. Leave lid loose & microwave on high for 2-3 minutes depending on how crunchy you like your broccoli; just keep in mind that it will continue to cook in the oven.
- Cook & dice or shred chicken. I actually used leftover roast chicken & heated it up in the microwave for 1 1/2 minutes to have it hot like my other ingredients.
- Add the broccoli & chicken to the shells. Stir well. Empty contents into a greased 13x9" baking dish & top with shredded cheese.
- Bake at 350*F for 20-30 minutes or until bubbly & heated in the center.