I am having a lot of fun in my kitchen making single serving desserts lately, so be prepared to see at least one more. Basically, I have a mad sweet tooth & need some sugar after any savory meal, but I can’t go eating a whole pan of brownies or limit myself to one cookie. And I am a warm fruit lover! Do you remember my recent post about Honey & Cinnamon Grilled Peaches? With Fall around the corner I am getting a hankering for apples & it just seemed natural to go with an Apple Crisp. So here it is! Simple! Tastes great! My kids wanted to eat all of my dessert. Stinkers! Haha. It’s okay to share this, but it’s perfectly fine to keep it all for yourself. Enjoy!
- 1 large granny smith apple
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar, divided
- 2 Tbsp quick oats, divided
- 1½ Tbsp flour, divided
- ¼ tsp cinnamon, divided
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp butter
- Peel & thinly slice apple. Toss apple slices with 1 Tbsp brown sugar, ½ Tbsp quick oats, ½ Tbsp flour, ⅛ tsp cinnamon & 1 tsp lemon juice. Place in a microwaveable dish (ramekin, bowl, etc.)
- Using a fork, combine the remaining ingredients with butter for the crumb topping. (1 Tbsp brown sugar, 1½ Tbsp quick oats, 1 Tbsp flour, ⅛ tsp cinnamon, with 1 Tbsp of butter.) Sprinkle over apples.
- Microwave for 60-90 seconds until apples are tender. Serve plain or with a tiny scoop of vanilla bean ice cream
Recipe altered from My Happy Place